Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Understanding the Opposition

Today's Tuesday topic is not easy for me, for I would find it quite hard to imagine myself feeling differently about the war in Iraq. I am passionately against it, how can I imagine being for it, even a little? I'd have to imagine not only a change in thought but a change in personality, which is not something I can do. I can only hope that if I was for the war, showing me the suffering of the people there and the soldiers would change my mind, since I am empathetic, I doubt I could remain for the war seeing all the pain and death and know that it was needless.

11 comments:

Starlight said...

Hi! I'm curious, what are Tuesday topics? And I agree with what you said... war is never a good thing.

Casstranquility said...

Hi! :) Tuesday topics are topics created by One Million Blogs for Peace to help keep the blogs focused on the war in Iraq. Check the link button to OMBP.

Starlight said...

Thanks! I'll check it out :) (by the way, that's a nice cat on you avatar, is it one of your cats? :) )

Casstranquility said...

:) Yes, it is, it's Nimi.

Starlight said...

Nimi looks nice! :) (You should also put a pic of yourself in your profile though ;) )

By the way, did you get my last email? :)

Casstranquility said...

Ah, no. :) And it depends on when you sent it, I haven't gotten any emails from you since March 18th.

Starlight said...

Yes... that's the last one I've sent you... so you got it, right? :)

Casstranquility said...

Yes, and I responded to it on the 22nd. Did you not get it? I can send it again.

Starlight said...

no, I didn't get it... I don't know why! The last email I got from you was on March 15th...

Casstranquility said...

I've sent it again, let me know if you get it.

Starlight said...

I got it, thanks! :) I'll try to reply to it today. :)