Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Love

Hey, I went to church today...I thought I would go after Easter, not on Easter, but I'm glad I went because there was a great sermon. It's a good thing my mind has had time to rest and contemplate and get stronger, because right now I can hear things I normally couldn't hear, without any problems. There are more important things than a difference in theology. Besides, the death and resurrection of Christ really is a beautiful story if one looks beyond the negatives of it. Usually I'd see God as wrath and God as hate, but I have to remember, the story of Christ's sacrifice is a metaphor created by man to understand God's amazing ability to forgive. God's forgiveness is like a wave washing over us, cleansing us of our sins-that is true! That can be experienced through Jesus.
For me, everything must be seen through the eyes of love, I can't look at it any other way or my depression sets in, God is good to me to allow me to find such a perspective. I can never be a Christian-holding the same beliefs that most Christians do, but I can be a Christian, someone who loves the message of Christ-not that we are sinners, but that God forgives. We need to hear that. I need to hear that. Humans are not good at forgiveness. We don't even forgive ourselves, but God forgives automatically. Love reaches out and touches us, and we are free.
Today's sermon was about power. How to have power to live and do good. I see that we can have this power through giving ourselves to Love. They say let Christ control us, but that doesn't make sense to me, I say let Love flow, and that is living as Christ would. To let Love flow, one must give up hate and anger and selfishness, one must let go of everything, and through love, gain everything. The Pastor said this when he said for us to die to ourselves. Yes, die to our negatives! Give everything to Love. Give your gifts to love, your happiness to love, your sadness to love. In love, all things are made right. Our power is LOVE. There is no power greater, there is no power that can overcome Love. We can overwhelm fear with love! Isn't that wonderful? Joy is in Love's arms.

1 comment:

Starlight said...

Hi Cassie :) That was an interesting post, I enjoyed reading it, and I agree with what you wrote :) I like the idea that we should look at things through the eyes of love. I guess that's the way God perceives the world, since God is the ultimate love... :)